Big Mac Wraps are all the rage on TikTok, offering those classic Big Mac flavors without the bun and wrapped snugly in a tortilla. It’s an easy and quick twist featuring dill pickles, lettuce, cheese, and that delicious Big Mac sauce, making every bite as delicious as the original.
This delicious and creative take on the classic McDonald’s burger is perfect for a quick lunch or a fun dinner with the whole family. With easy-to-find ingredients and simple instructions, you’ll have a tasty homemade meal that combines the best of both worlds – burgers and wraps!
Big Mac Wraps begin with a homemade special sauce that’ll instantly transport your taste buds to the iconic burger joint. You’ll then fill a soft flour tortilla with seasoned ground beef, fresh lettuce, cheese, and pickles. The result is a handheld, mouthwatering delight that offers all the familiar flavors of a Big Mac hamburger, conveniently packaged in a wrap.
Your culinary ingenuity will impress your entire family, and you’ll satisfy your craving without leaving the comfort of your kitchen.
Why You’ll Love This Big Mac Wrap Recipe
- Fewer carbs: Swapping out the hamburger bun for a tortilla wrap reduces the number of carbs you consume. Perfect for those who are watching their carbohydrate intake but still want to enjoy the iconic taste of a Big Mac. Use low-carb tortillas if you prefer.
- Customizable: Feel free to add your favorite ingredients or swap out ones you don’t like. For example, if you prefer spinach over lettuce, go right ahead and make it your own.
- Easy to make: Big Mac Wraps are simple to prepare, requiring only a few basic ingredients like ground beef, tortilla shells, lettuce, pickles, and Big Mac sauce.
- Ideal for on-the-go: One of the best things about these wraps is their portability. You can easily pack them for lunch or enjoy them on a road trip.
- Lean ground beef: This will be the main protein source for the wraps, providing that juicy burger flavor we all love.
- Dried minced onion: This adds extra flavor to the ground beef.
- Salt: Essential for seasoning the beef to bring out the flavors.
- Pepper: Provides a mild kick to the wrap’s overall taste.
- Mild cheddar cheese: Adds creaminess and a delicious cheesy flavor to the wraps.
- Lettuce: Provides a fresh crunch and some greenery to balance the burgers.
- Hamburger pickle slices: Offers a tangy contrast to the rich beef and sauce.
- Flour tortillas: Used to wrap all the ingredients together for a convenient, handheld meal.
You’ll also need to create this amazing copycat Big Mac Sauce for the authentic taste:
- Mayonnaise: The base of the sauce gives it a smooth and creamy texture.
- Yellow mustard: Adds a zesty tang to the sauce.
- Sweet relish: Gives the sauce a sweet and sour flavor reminiscent of the original Big Mac sauce.
- Sugar: Helps balance the savory and tangy elements of the sauce.
- White vinegar: Provides acidity to the sauce.
- Paprika: Adds a hint of mild spice and color to the sauce.
- Garlic powder: Enhances the overall taste of the sauce.
- Onion powder: Reflects the onion flavor, further tying the sauce to the original Big Mac.
How to Make Big Mac Wraps
- Step One: Add all the Big Mac sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Step Two: Add the ground beef, minced onion, salt, and pepper to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is browned. Drain excess grease.
- Step Three: Lay tortillas and spread Big Mac sauce on one side of the tortillas. Spoon the cooked ground beef on top. Top with cheese, lettuce, and pickles. Drizzle extra Big Mac Sauce on top. Fold the tortilla and serve.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Large skillet: A large skillet is crucial for cooking the ground beef.
- Cutting board: A cutting board provides a safe and stable surface for all your cutting and chopping needs.
- Mixing bowl: A mixing bowl is needed to combine the Big Mac sauce ingredients.
What to Serve with Big Mac Wraps
- Crispy french fries. Their golden, crunchy texture pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of the Big Mac Wrap. We love these air fryer frozen French fries. Try oven-baked sweet potato fries or zucchini fries instead if you want a healthier option.
- Leafy green salad. Mix up your favorite greens, romaine, spinach, or arugula, and toss them with a light vinaigrette dressing. Feel free to add extra veggies, like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and shredded carrots, to give your salad more color and crunch.
- Warm, comforting soup. Tomato soup, for instance, balances well with the flavors in the wrap. You can also try a vegetable-based soup like minestrone or a classic chicken noodle soup for a heartier option.
- Protein options: Instead of using ground beef, consider trying a ground beef substitute like Impossible meat or even ground turkey, chicken, or pork. These alternatives can provide different flavors and textures while keeping the recipe exciting!
- Tortilla options: The choice of tortilla is important in making your wrap. You can stick to a soft taco-sized flour tortilla or switch to a larger burrito-sized tortilla if you want a heartier wrap. Plenty of low-carb tortilla alternatives are available if you’re looking for a low-carb option. Big Mac lettuce wraps
- Sauce ingredients: The signature Big Mac sauce is a vital part of the wrap, but you can still play around with its ingredients. If you prefer a tangier sauce, add more relish or a spicier version with hot sauce or sriracha.
- Vegetable variety: While the traditional Big Mac Wrap consists of ingredients like shredded lettuce, diced onions, and pickles, don’t be afraid to get creative with your veggies. Adding things like diced bell peppers, sliced jalapenos, or even fresh cilantro can enhance the flavor profile and provide a bit of extra crunch.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
Variations of Big Mac Wrap
Vegetarian Big Mac Wrap
Are you a vegetarian and still want the taste of a Big Mac? No problem! Replace the beef with a meat alternative like a veggie burger or grilled portobello mushrooms. Don’t forget to use your favorite Big Mac sauce and load fresh veggies like lettuce and tomato.
Spicy Big Mac Wrap
If you love adding some heat to your meals, the Spicy Big Mac Wrap is for you! To make this mouthwatering variation, simply add a touch of hot sauce or a few slices of jalapeño peppers to the Big Mac sauce recipe. That extra kick will elevate your wrap to a whole new level of deliciousness!
Low Carb Big Mac Wrap
Are you watching your carb intake but still craving the taste of a Big Mac? Try a Low Carb Big Mac Wrap! Swap out the regular tortilla for low-carb alternatives like lettuce wraps or low-carb tortillas. Keep the same flavors you love from a traditional Big Mac Wrap, and enjoy a guilt-free meal.
- Thinly sliced cucumbers
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper strips
- Jalapeno slices
- Banana pepper rings
- American cheese slices
- Sesame seeds
- Pepper jack cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Grilled chicken
- Sliced avocado
Origin of Big Mac Wraps
The McDonald’s Influence
In 2006, McDonald’s introduced the Snack Wrap, quickly gaining popularity among fast-food enthusiasts. This wrap took inspiration from their iconic burgers and was designed as a more portable, less messy option for people on the go. The McDonald’s Snack Wrap consisted of a protein (like grilled or crispy chicken), cheese, lettuce, and sauce wrapped in a flour tortilla.
The Big Mac Effect
With the success of McDonald’s Snack Wraps, it was only a matter of time before other iterations were created. The Big Mac, which debuted in 1967, has been a staple of McDonald’s menu ever since, and its unique flavor profile inspired the Big Mac Wrap. Home cooks and bloggers alike have come up with their takes on this handheld delight, featuring ingredients reminiscent of the classic burger.
FAQs about Big Mac Wraps
Ground Beef Recipes
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST &
Get Your Free Weeknight Dinner Recipes eBook
Big Mac Wraps
- Add all the Big Mac sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the ground beef, minced onion, salt, and pepper to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is browned. Drain any grease.
- Spread Big Mac sauce on one side of the tortillas. Spoon the cooked ground beef on top. Top with cheese, lettuce and pickles. Drizzle extra Big Mac Sauce on top. Wrap up and serve.