Gigi Hadid’s spicy vodka pasta has taken the internet by storm with its creamy tomato sauce and zesty kick. This upgraded version adds juicy chicken breasts and tender broccoli florets for extra protein and to make it a complete meal.
Follow these simple instructions to create a mouth-watering dish that combines comfort food and sophistication in every bite.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
It wasn’t that long ago when TikTok erupted with Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe.
It’s a creamy vodka sauce with a little spice and a whole lot of flavor. It’s delicious.
However, something was missing.
The recipe was essentially just pasta and a rose vodka sauce, it needed some substance. It needed protein and vegetables to make it a meal.
So here’s our Gigi Hadid TikTok pasta with a twist.
Spicy Vodka Pasta Ingredients
Recipe Variations and Ingredient Substitutes
- Penne pasta. Swap it for whatever pasta you want. I recommend one that holds sauce well (fusilli, shells, etc). Remember to save the pasta water.
- Chicken breasts. Feel free to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. You will want to season them. I used the Moulin Rouge Garlic and Pepper Seasoning.
- Olive oil. Use avocado oil.
- Red onion. Shallot or a regular onion will be fine.
- Vodka. If you don’t have any vodka on hand or don’t want to use it, that’s fine. I have made this recipe without it and it’s still delicious.
- Heavy cream. You can lighten it up with half and half if you would prefer.
As always, I don’t recommend changing the spicy vodka pasta recipe too much. Make what you have on hand work for you but too many changes will change the recipe (this could be to your advantage or it could be a disaster.
Spicy Vodka Sauce FAQs
How to Make Spicy Vodka Pasta (Step by Step)
Step 1 – Prep The Chicken
First, you will want to prep the chicken breasts.
Slice each chicken breast in half (where it opens like a butterfly). Place them in between two pieces of parchment paper and hit them with a mallet or heavy pan to get the chicken to the same thickness (for even cooking).
Step 2 – Cook the Chicken
Season the chicken breast. I used the Moulin Rouge Roasted Garlic and Pepper seasoning.
Heat a pan over medium heat, add butter and a tablespoon of avocado oil, and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
Step 3 – Saute Onion & Garlic
This is when I start boiling water and cook the pasta. Remember to reserve the water. Add the olive oil, and let it heat up. Then add the onion and garlic. Let that simmer for 7 minutes, stirring every so often to not let it burn.
Pour in the vodka and give it a good stir until it evaporates.
Step 4 – Add Tomato Paste
Add the tomato paste and stir for a few minutes, until the paste darkens. This process takes about 2-3 minutes.
Step 5 – Bring It Together
Slowly pour in the cream, sprinkle in the chili flakes, and slowly mix it in until thick (this happens fast). Add the parmesan, pasta water, and butter, then add cooked pasta to your pasta sauce.
Step 6 – About The Pasta
During the last 2-3 minutes of your pasta cooking, add the broccoli to the pot. Then when it’s al dente transfer it to the sauce. Stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh basil, stir it in and enjoy your TikTok pasta.
Spicy Vodka Pasta with Chicken
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts butterflied
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Prep the chicken breasts by slicing each one in half (butterflied), then flatten them to an even thickness between two pieces of parchment paper using a mallet or heavy pan. Season each side with your favorite seasoning, I used Moulin Rouge Roasted Garlic and Pepper seasoning.
- Heat a pan with butter and tablespoon avocado oil over medium heat, and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, boil water for the pasta. Add the olive oil to a skillet and sauté onion and garlic for 7 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add vodka and stir until it evaporates, then add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomato paste has darkened.
- Slowly pour in cream, sprinkle in red pepper flakes, and mix until thickened. Add parmesan, pasta water, and butter.
- In the last 2-3 minutes of pasta cooking, add broccoli. Drain and transfer pasta and broccoli to the sauce. Stir to coat, and top with fresh basil before serving.
- Slice the cooked chicken and top the pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and any extra basil.