Crack chicken sliders are the ultimate easy-to-make dinner for those busy days when you need a quick meal that the whole family will love.
These delightful little sandwiches combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing seasoning, all piled high on a soft Hawaiian roll.
They’re perfect for serving to your family at dinner or sharing with friends at parties (like football parties or tailgating), making them a versatile option that everyone will love.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Crack Chicken Sliders
Crack chicken sliders are basically mini sandwiches that pack a punch of flavor in every bite.
Don’t worry, even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen, making these sliders is a breeze.
All you need to do is mix your ingredients together, layer them on Hawaiian rolls, and pop them in the oven just long enough to heat everything through and melt the cheese.
These sliders not only save you time and energy but also guarantee maximum flavor with minimal effort.
Preparing a batch of crack chicken sliders doesn’t have to be complicated. To make these game-day sandwich favorites, you will need the following:
Ingredient Substitutions and Recipe Variations
Rotisserie Chicken instead of chicken breast: I like to use this recipe to use up leftover chicken but you can also try using rotisserie chicken to make your crack chicken sliders.
Shred the rotisserie chicken and mix it with the traditional warm and cheesy crack dip ingredients.
Ranch Salad Dressing instead of ranch powder: Since the ranch is liquid, you’ll have to substitute some of the sour cream. If you use 1 cup of the ranch, replace 1 cup of the sour cream. Taste and adjust the seasonings until it’s to your taste.
Cheddar cheese: You can use mozzarella or Swiss if preferred.
Recipe Add Ons
Crack chicken sliders have a savory, cheesy, and addicting taste that everyone loves. If you’re looking to mix it up, consider these variations to elevate your sliders to a whole new level.
Spicy Crack Chicken Sliders Version
If you love all things spicy, kick up the heat in your sliders by adding jalapeños to your crack chicken mixture!
Don’t worry, the creamy and cheesy base will help balance out the spice, making it a perfect warm and delightful appetizer for everyone to enjoy.
BBQ Crack Chicken Sliders
To give your crack chicken sliders a sweet and tangy twist, add a dash of your favorite barbecue sauce or honey mustard to the mix.
This will create a perfect blend of sweet and savory that will have your taste buds craving more.
The tangy sauce complements the warm, cheesy sliders, making them an addictive and crowd-pleasing dish.
Kitchen Tools Needed
Make sure they cool before transferring them to an airtight container (I really like these Rubbermaid Brilliance containers, they release some of the air).
Store in the fridge within two hours, for food safety.
You can either microwave them for a minute or two until heated through or warm them up in the oven for a crisper texture.
For the oven:
Preheat it to 350°F and place the sliders on a baking sheet.
Warm them for about 10-15 minutes or until they’re heated through and the cheese has melted.
FAQs about Crack Chicken Sliders
Crack Chicken Sliders Side Dishes
Crack chicken sliders are a fantastic option for a bunch of different occasions such as:
- Family gatherings
- Easy dinner ideas
- Game days
Need some side dish ideas? Here are some options:
- Crispy air-fried french fries
- A selection of dips such as ranch, barbecue, or honey mustard.
- Spicy Coleslaw Recipe
More Recipes Like This
Crack Chicken Sliders
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning I used Flavor God
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked bacon diced
- 2 stalks green onions diced
- 12 King Hawaiian Rolls I used the savory butter rolls
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese aka old cheddar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Crack Chicken Dip Mixture
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to mix up the cream cheese, yogurt, and ranch seasoning.8 oz cream cheese, 2 cups sour cream, 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Fold in the cooked chicken, bacon, and green onion.4 cups cooked shredded chicken breast, 1 cup cooked bacon, 2 stalks green onions
Putting it Together
- Slice the rolls in half (cutting the middle of the buns with a bread knife) and remove the top layer of the buns. Scoop the chicken mixture and spread along the bottom buns. See notes about what to do with any extra chicken dip mixture.12 King Hawaiian Rolls
- Add the cheddar cheese on top and place the top layer of the buns back on top.6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Brush on the top and sides of the rolls with a basting brush. If there is any leftover, save it.2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turning halfway so it browns evenly. Brush any remainder butter over top.